The Roman Road
Eternal Life through Jesus Christ
Follow the SIMPLE STEPS the Apostle Paul gives in the Book of Romans to have Eternal Life through Jesus Christ.
1. You must RECOGNIZE and acknowledge God as the Creator of everything. In Romans 11:36 we read, "For everything comes from him; everything exists by his power and is intended for his glory, to him be glory evermore, Amen." You must accept God's created order and purpose for you [Romans 1:20-21]. "For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God" [NLT].
2. You must REALIZE that you are a sinner and that you need forgiveness. Many people have questions about sin. The passages of Romans 3:10-18, and in the ESV, gives us a detailed picture of what sin looks like in our lives. In Romans 3:10 we read, "there is none righteous, no, not one". The Bible states in Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God". We have all sinned. All means all, there are no exceptions. We have all done things that are offensive to God. There is no one who is sinless. We have all fallen short of God's glorious standard.
3. You must ACCEPT God's way that he has provided you to be forgiven of your sins. "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" [Romans 5:8]. Jesus "was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised from the dead to make us right with God" [Romans 4:29]. Jesus' death paid the price for our sins. Jesus' resurrection proves that God accepted Jesus' death as the payment for our sins. Jesus says in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me". You can only obtain forgiveness of sin through Jesus Christ. This is the "Good News" that God wants everyone to know [Romans 1:2-5].
4. If you remain a sinner, you will die. This is not just physical death but eternal death. However, if you REPENT of your sins, and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will have eternal life. In Romans 6:23, the scripture states, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord". In the Gospel of John we read, "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" [John 3:36].
5. You must CONFESS that Jesus Christ is your Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you will be saved. The scripture reads, "if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" [Romans 10:9-10 and AMP].
6. God gives you a wonderful promise if you follow the Roman Road, "since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" [Romans 5:1]. You can have a relationship of peace with God through Jesus Christ. Romans 8:1 declares, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Because of Jesus' finished work at Calvary, you will never be CONDEMNED for your sins. Finally, we have this guarantee from God in Romans 8:37-39, "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord".
7. You need to APPRECIATE that its God's goodness that is giving you an opportunity to turn from your sin [Romans 2:4]. The scripture reads, "Don't you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can't you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin" [NLT]? Don't procrastinate or put off the most important decision of your life. The Bible declares, "NOW is the accepted time; behold, NOW is the day of salvation" [2 Corinthians 6:2]. Remember what the scripture states, "How do you know what will happen tomorrow? For your life is like the morning fog, it's here a little while, then it's gone" [James 4:14 and Psalms 39:4-5].
8. Would you like to FOLLOW the Roman Road to experience God's salvation and have eternal life? We read in Romans 10:13 that, "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved". If you want this privilege then PRAY THIS PRAYER:
I know that I have sinned and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life. Please forgive me. I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" [Acts 2:21]. I am calling on You, Lord Jesus to be saved from my sins.
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Jesus [John 14:6]. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead on the third day according to the scriptures [1 Corinthians 15:3-4]. I pray and ask You, Jesus Christ to come into my heart and be Lord over my life [Romans 10:9-10].
Thank-You that I am born again by Your Spirit and I can now see and enter the Kingdom of God [John 3:3,5]. Thank-You for giving me eternal life [John 3:15]. I receive my salvation and all of its benefits right now. Thank-You for saving me this day [Luke 19:9-10]. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen!
CONGRATULATIONS, If you just prayed this prayer to God and meant what you said to God. You are NOW a new creation in Christ Jesus [2 Corinthians 5:17]. Your old life is gone and a new life has begun for you! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ [2 Corinthians 5:18, John 4:10, Romans 6:23].
Your next step is to ask God to direct you to the group of fellow believers (like yourself) that you will be connected with to fulfill God's plan for your life. It is very important for you to allow God to direct you. If you ask God he will definitely answer you [Matthew 7:7-8].
"I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life"
[1 John 5:13].